The training will provide education on how to implement physical activity for infants and toddlers. This is a Step 2 training for the Child Care Physical Activity Health Code ordinance for licensed child care facilities in the cities of Fargo and West Fargo, North Dakota.
13-1110 — Physical Activity requirements
60 minutes per day for children 12 months and older, supervised tummy time for infants, and safe setting for infants to facilitate physical activity.
Participants will learn how to promote and implement age appropriate and safe physical activity for infants and toddlers. The training will also provide education on implementing supervised tummy time for infants.
- To acknowledge the importance of daily physical activity for infants and toddlers.
- To describe developmentally appropriate activities to promote infant growth and development.
- To be able to give examples of appropriate indoor and outdoor physical activities for toddlers.
- To recognize the impact of screen time on infants and toddlers.
- Hours/Credits/CEUs: 1.00 Hour
- Tier: Registered - Not for Career Pathways Placement
- Course Type: Approved Clock Hours
- Applies Toward: General Course
- Core Competency Areas: Health, Safety, and Nutrition (1 Hour)
- CDA Subject Areas: Planning a safe, healthy learning environment (1 Hour)
Who is this Course For?
- Directors of child care facilities
- Center staff of childcare facilities
- Family/Group who care for children
- Infant or toddler child care providers
What Ages are Addressed in this Course?
- Infants (0–18 months)
- Toddlers (19–36 months)
Need Help? Contact Us.
Cheryl Stetz, Community Health Educator
Fargo Cass Public Health
1240 25th Ave S
Fargo, ND 58102
Phone: (701) 241-1367
- Part 2: Physical Activity for Toddlers
- Daily Physical Activity for Older Children
- Activity Guidelines for Toddlers
- 5 Physical Activity Guidelines for Toddlers
- Toddler Characteristics
- Toddler Benchmarks
- Toddler Play Space Guidelines
- Ball Play Activity: Example from Local Center
- Outdoor Play Safety Guidelines
- Physical Activity Review
- Physical Activity for Toddlers Quick Review